The state of intellectual, social, and emotional wellbeing can be defined as mental health- it is all about how we think, feel, and behave! It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
According to WHO, “Mental health plays an important role in sustainability of our life, if a person remains mentally healthy, he or she understands his or her very own capacities, can adapt to the typical worries of life, can work gainfully and can make a commitment to his or her community. Overlooking these points, we can say that mental health is the establishment for individual prosperity and the viable working of a community.
Many factors contribute to mental health problems, including:
- Biological factors, such as genes or brain chemistry
- Life experiences, such as trauma or abuse
- Family history of mental health problems
Here we are enlisting some points to know why mental health is necessary:
- The Mental Health is connected to behavior and seen as crucial to physical wellbeing and personal satisfaction.
- Physical wellbeing and psychological well-being are intently related and it is demonstrated certain that depression prompts heart and vascular ailments while on the other hand, if mental health is ignored, several problems may occur like :
*Mental sickness that prompts social issues like joblessness, broken families, and other related problems that hamper the smooth running of life.
* The state of mental illness influence certain behavioral patterns like, eating disorders, liquor and tobacco use, energy decrease ,holding fast to restorative treatments in this way expanding the danger of physical illness.